1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Header Brace

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by randerson165, Sep 3, 2003.

1. randerson165

randerson165 Senior Member

I swapped out my stock header and exhaust for a buddies DC Sports stuff. When I was pulling his header off, right behind the oil pan was a brace that bolted down to the header. Is this stock ? My car has been worked on by a dumbass and I think that he took it off. My header make this rattle noise and i think that its shaking and hitting the oil pan. Where can I find one of these ?

2. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

it's usually two bolts that come out of the chassis that connect to your header, I never used mine, you might want to check if something else is making that rattling noise and if it is the header than you might just need to get some studs welded to that area.

Milan

3. randerson165

randerson165 Senior Member

its either that or when I connected the cat to the header, I might have not lined them up perfect and they may be sitting cock eye to each other. It kinda looks like they aren't lined up right when I look underneath my car. But I don't hear any leaking from there. Maybe if they aren't lined up right, the cat is pushing the header closer the the oil pan and rattling or something ? I dunno.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted