header paint..got it done..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok.. i had put a header on my car but i had to remove it for BAR.. i had bought it from someone here i dont remember who, but they told me it was high temp paint, wll it wasnt.. i dont really care.. so i'm gonna do it in a header high temp paint.. just wondering what color.. i was thinking silver, but i kinda want to do a flat black, only because when you look at the front of my car you see the header pipes and the flat black would kinda camouflauge it.. opinions??

**update**
well i got the first coat on... i have a couple of small runs, but they are on the backside of the header.. here are some pics.. will get more when it goes on the car..
Picture279.jpg

Picture276.jpg

high heat paints don't usually last that long on headers, at least in my experience, and i used the 1400 degree shit...

powder coat it :)

otherwise flat black sounds good

yea.. i was thinking the flat black too... just wanted opinions..

do you drive the car hard alot, heating that shit up .. i do occasionally ..

is there any other way to drive??

if cleaned properly the high temp should last a while, but you have to expect it to flake sooner or later...

you have to get the super high temp shit. and need heat cycle it or what ever it says on the can. flat black ftw

I like. Looks almost powdercoated.

Back