Header Questions for 91 CRX Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

red4re

Which is best ceramic or stainless headers? Has anyone bought headers off of Ebay, I notice the prices seem very low so I was wondering if the headers are any good?

i like stainless, and its hit and miss for the ebay headers ive bought some of the el cheapo on ebay for my d series and it done great

I just put a el cheapo off of ebay on my 88 crx si and I was amazed that it fit lol. Other then that it had both holes for the O2 sensors and like I said before it bolted right up. The welds were not as clean as on the brands. It was also stainless. Who knows how long it will last either but for $44 including shipping I really dont care. My stock one was leaking and was pretty noisy anyways. I'm saving my money for the real engine I hope to get before too long.

Oh it came with the gasket also.

I decided to stay away from E-Bay and instead went with Pro Street Online and bought a Megan stainless header. It is a excellent header, good welds, finish, etc. Perfect fit.

Stainless if you want bling, ceramic if you're a bit more budget-minded. Personally I'd go with ceramic, because A. you're not going to see much (if any at all) performance difference between the 2, and B. stainless is a bitch to keep clean (and you know damn well if you've got a stainless header you're gonna have to keep it clean...bling bling, playa!).

Ceramic FTMFW.

Also, I'd advise staying away from Ebay-special headers. They might work decently, and look ok, but in the long run they're more than likely going to start rusting and/or cracking at the welds, and you aren't going to see as much power gains as you would with a better-designed header (i.e. DC, Airmass)

the cheap ebay headers are just that, cheap. i have heard of some people using them, but i have heard of more people having problems. the most common problems are:
-ports that dont match which have to be port matched
-having to bend the downpipe to fit
-welds that bust
-rust as mentioned

i prefer ceramic. keeps the engine bay cooler.

Ceramic Coated

You know the deal with Ebay, it's like a guilty pleasure. Personally, I'd only buy anything if the price was so good you could throw it straight in the trash when you got it. (my short shift was $8)

I just bought some and I'm awaiting delivery now. I found pretty good deals on the site below. Their customer service was good when I asked about where the hell my shipment was.

http://www.sfxperformance.com/

Back