Header

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

illmatik

Will my car go anywhere if my header isnt connected to my cat and so on? i have a 92 hb dx wit a 99 gsr and the header is to short, will i be able to drive it so i can get it done at a muffler shop??

yea you will drive fine but it will be loud as fuck, dont go into the higher rpms and drive in the lowest gear possible to keep sound down and you should be fine to make it to the shop.

I drove my car like that when i got my b16 swap, from the shop to the muffler shop i was going was like 10 miles. People were looking at me on the freeway like i was crazy.

hahaha lol i cant stand driving without a muffler let alone no exhaust at all.

CT to NJ openb header last summer :) .... tunnels were real F'n fun :)

people hated me

lol i should tape it driving.. i gotta drive a pretty long way on rt 280 =O lololol i want to see everyones reaction

im tellin you right now

dont listen to these fools

switch lobes

hell redline that shit

its in-fucking-sane

ill be in-fuking-sane when i first get my car and i end up gettin a FAT and FIRST TICKET lol cops around here are dicks...

you wont get a ticket, just tell the cop where you are going and offer him to follow you there. i drove a crx a half an hour with the exhaust cut off a foot behind a hollowed out cat.

Originally posted by illmatik@Feb 7 2004, 12:33 AM
ill be in-fuking-sane when i first get my car and i end up gettin a FAT and FIRST TICKET lol cops around here are dicks...

not to mention you being in OBVIOUS violation of smog laws.

after my swap was done last summer I drove from jacksonville, FL to st. louis, MO on an open header...you talk about loud...christ, I couldn't hear for 2 days.....

E_Sol is right though....run the hell out of it....it's worth it...people were lookin' at me like a had a smallblock under the hood......

mmmmm.....smallblock.....anyone see steve millen put that smallblock in the new IS400?....

Ya, I had the same problem when I got my Greddy header, it needed a pipe to connect to the cat. It was fun when I rolled up to one of the 240s with an SR20DET and the car was sounding like a muscle car at idle... blurb ba-blurb blerp blurp... Gotta love it!

I did that to my Suzuki GSF 1200 last year. Rode the bike at about 120mph open header on the highway. My brother was a mile behind me and could hear me. Its the loudest thing I've ever heard.

Back