headers and exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PLA5151

ok so I am finally deciding to de-sleeperize my car, I was looking for an-r 4-1 headers but they have stopped selling them until further notice, so I was wondering what you guys think is the best combination for my setup below in my sig, that will gain me the most power across the board, preferrably in the mid to high end but if there is something that will gaim more overall in different areas I would be willing to look into it. Going all motor street/strip use, noise is not a factor, and I would like not to spend more than $1500 for the combo (if the combo is REALLY THAT GOOD then I might be able to get off a few more rocks or somethin )

not so sure on the header but i would def go with any of the above listed cat back systems....unless your not wanting anything loud then i might steer clear of the magnaflow

Quoted post[/post]]
not so sure on the header but i would def go with any of the above listed cat back systems....unless your not wanting anything loud then i might steer clear of the magnaflow

i have the magnaflow on mine and its not all that loud compared to the other high end cat back systems. and to be honest i like the dc sports stainless steel 4-1 polished header myself

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

i have the magnaflow on mine and its not all that loud compared to the other high end cat back systems. and to be honest i like the dc sports stainless steel 4-1 polished header myself
DC sports doesn't even offer a 4 into 1 anymore do they?

----STILL LOOKING 4 MORE OPINIONS

Coprrection. . . Its header *( its singular ont plural. . )

I would call the guys at Hasport at (602) 470-0065 and ask them what header you could use with your H22 swapped EK. Those guys are a fountain of knowledge when it comes to honda swaps, and I call them all the time with technical questions. Give it a shot.

Quoted post[/post]]
RMF=ANR :wink:

Um, no. Randy helped design the AN-R header, but did not do the actual production work for them. RMF makes an awesome product. SMSP also makes a good header, I've heard about the DTR's doing well, but never seen a dyno, I can't imagine it being far off from the rest of the mid-high end header makers.

DC sports doesn't even offer a 4 into 1 anymore do they?
Yes, they do. At least I've seen them offered for sale on websites recently.

As for an exhaust, I will hopefully be having Randy fab me up the entire exhaust from header to tailpipe, using a carsound stainless cat, and burns stainless resonators. Noise won't necessarily be an issue for me either. I recommend a good custom job done by a good shop. Your hp/$ ratio will be a bit higher than if you bought a bolton system, but if you gotta have the bling, go for the bling, there are a lot of good systems out there. Rsr, Apex'i, ThR&D (loud from what I hear), Greddy. You might have a problem with them getting correctly sized piping for your h22 in a civic application, but maybe not.

well, I have also been told that RS-R uses mild steel which rusts easily and that I should look to APEXi or another company that uses fully stainless steel catback exhausts more feedback would be appreciated

Back