Headlight question... should be easy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
My low beam went out on my headlight... but not my high beam. What could be the problem? Is it wiring or a bad bulb? Thanks in advace :)

Well i know that... but living on a budget is hard. And i have the silverstars in right now so i dont wanna out back in a stock bulb and it be 2 different colors. And i dont know if i want to ride around with my highbeams on all night.

uhh...
so either buy a new set of silverstars, or get a set of stock and put both back to stock... :blink:

Well i was just wondering if it was the wiring or the bulb... So if it is the bulb then when i replace it i know it will work. Or would something have shorted out to make just the low beam go out.

happened to me alot - bulbs - could you have touched the glass putting it in that will shorten the life indeffinatly - dont mind my spelling

Don't make this out to be harder than it should be...
Check your wiring,i once had a wire disconnect from the light harness which caused the low beam to go out,so check that.
Other than that Go buy a bulb,install it and see if it works.

hmmm...
here's a novel idea

if the other bulb WORKS, and you know it works on both high and low beam, then why don't you just take it out and put it in the other side...
then if the other side works both hi and low with the bulb from the opposite side you know the bulb is shot...

genius ain't i?

Back