headlights to dim

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
just wondering if anyone had this problem or had solutions...

driving my sisters car using the low beams is like driving with no headlights on at all. we tried replacing bulbs with super-whites, replaced the housing, checked the voltage and amperage at the lights, ran different wires and it did exactly nothing.

it is a 97 EX coupe.

any ideas??

I ran into that problem. I found out that I had the wrong bulbs in the car. who ever had the car before me ran 1 9006 bulb and 1 9005 instead of 2 9005 bulbs. i changed them out and it work like a champ. might try that. if not check to see if your plug matches the bulb

yea forgot to mention. they are aimed properly. we've tried 4 different bulbs thanks for the replies

Maybe her wiring harness is getting fried. I would recommend picking up one of the headlight wiring harnesses that lets you tie straight to the battery with much thicker gauge wires and uses the original wiring to just trip a relay. It gives you a much better pathway for headlight juice to run down, and even shows a noticeable improvement over a stock wiring setup in perfect condition.

I just use the wiring from my Denji projectors, but you can order a harness on its own for not too much:

http://www.autodynamic.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=HH-H4 $34.95

I plan on getting one for the truck to boost the brightness some too.

we ran wires directly from the battery to test the lights... i will show this to my dad thanks mike mike

You ran the wires to the lights straight from the battery and they were still dim? Weird.

Originally posted by sk8er602@Jan 9 2005, 08:11 PM
Have you check the ground.
[post=443490]Quoted post[/post]​

he stole my answer! :p

whats your battery voltage? and have you checked your ground for your battery?

but yeah thats really weird bro

Back