heat!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

n00b-racer07

Hi all once again
well, I purchased a 95 Del Sol SI for a good price but as with any good price comes some issues :D

The heater in the vehicle at this point does not work,
the fans work fine and the coolant is at a "good enough" level
the vehicle does not overheat and the temp guage stays right where it should, no overheating or underheating :p

If anyone could give me some suggestions as to things I can do to check out what the problem might be that would be awesome,
I'm hoping it's not the core but if it is, then oh well I'll just have to fix it.
thanks!

also,
the radio is locked up, it's the stock one and the guy the day I purchased it locked up the stupid thing after replacing the battery, you need a 5 digit code, does anyone know where I can acquire this???

the heater is operated with a linkage that turns a valve that is right on the firewall of your car. If this is broken, then you won't be able to open that valve and get hot coolant to the heater core.

The heater core might be clogged, or you might have a stuck thermostat.

As far as the radio, if you pull the radio out and get the serial number off of the top of the unit, and call a Honda dealership's service department with the number, they should be able to look up the code for you.

If it were the thermo then the heat gage in the car would not work at all then correct, or it would act funny and go higher or lower then normal yeah? :confused:

I would like to get this done since it's starting to get chilly here lol

and thanks for the suggestion, I'll get on that.

I'm not sure exactly what a 'good enough' level would be, but if the coolant is low enough to get any air in the system it could cause your heater not to work. First thing I would do is bleed the cooling system by running the engine with the radiator cap off until the car is at operating temperature. If that does not make a difference make sure your heater control valve is working when you change the temp inside the car.

If you still don't get any change and your control valve is working properly let the car warm up and open the heater valve. Feel both of the heater hoses coming out of the firewall and see if both of them are hot. If only one side is hot and the other is cold you probably have a clogged heater core because the coolant is not circulating through it. Both hoses should have hot coolant flowing through them if everything is working properly.

As far as the radio is concerned if you take it out and get the serial number off the back you should be able to get your local Honda dealer to give you the unlock code for it.

No problem hope that helps.. if not post back with more info!

Back