Heeeeeeelllllllllllpppppppp!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dude make an effort. You can't expect him to do it for you

i did make an effort and my engine got more fucked up then before. so im not expecting anyone to hold my hand and my parents havent failed in raising me. i have to pay her back shes just nice to buy me the new engine now if it is nesscessary.

Yeah that does happen sometimes. But the general consensus is to pull the head and see how bad the block is. What can be saved. If the head's good reuse it. 130,000 miles on a honda is still pretty low. So the longevity of your current head isn't that much of a factor.

i havent but ive seen them
when he said "under his bumper" i took it like it was really under his bumper

The filter doesn't actually hang below the bumper, but it does sit down near the bottom of the bumper in front of the fender well. If your car sits fairly low to the ground and you drove through a big puddle theres a chance that the filter could be submerged...

Exactly. No doubt that at least four valves will need to be replaced, but that's a whole lot less money comparatively speaking. Find a short block for $1000-1500, replace the bad valves, slap a new head gasket, ARP head studs, water pump, timing belt and timing belt tensioner on it, and you're good to go.

It's not as hard as it sounds, you just need to have a repair manual. If you can put a model together you can work on a car. :)

i appreciate what you have tought me. and you probably just saved me a shit load of money aswell ill keep you guys updated on whats going on with the car

aye guys dont worry about it im glad you did i getting the car looked at in a week or so

judging from that vid you posted. sounds like some bent valves in there. if it comes down to it and your broke but need another block. just swap in a B18a1. bolts in still. and you can pick them up from the junkyards for maybe 400 a pop.

Back