Hello!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mr. x

Hello guys!

I am Maarten Pijnenburg, 19 years old, come from the Netherlands and my current ride is a '98 EUDM Honda Integra type-R. Black, production number 00003.

I have a busy life, and have (don't get me wrong) actually not really the time to read all the treads and getting to know all you guys. Actually have a real hard time to even read all the stuff on the Honda Type-R Club Benelux, Official Honda Team forum (my home base ;)

The reason why I'm signing in here is simple. Me and most of my friends are Honda-holics (don't know if you use the term but I think you know what i mean ^_^) and one of them recently sold his EE8 (CRX V-tec) and bought a EG2 (Del Sol ESI) WITH Targa roof!! :wub:
He is planning to respray it to white, CF hood and more.
Also, he wants a B16B engine unther the hood. And that was the question.

Could post it here, but don't think it's the appropriate place. So please look at the technical tread. All the information (tips) is (are) welcom!

Happy to join your forum!
Where and when I can I'll try to post usefull stuff,

Maarten

Sorry, don't want to be rude. But I think I can't start a threat because I don't have my 5 (or 10) post yet.

But don't want to blur stupid stuff out just to get the acces. So I'll post my question here and If that isn't OK with the moderators please delete it. Thank you!

A friend has, as mentiond above, an EG2 (del sol ESI) However, he has real big plans with her.
One of them is a B16B engine unther the hood.
And that was our "DON'T" know how ;) . Is this possible (I know everything will fit, but does it take a mountain of work to realise this?).
I told him go with the B20/b16 combo ;). Don't know what you can tell me about that getting into the enginebay of a EG2 :D
Or is there something else what would fit nice and doesn't take a whole lot of work?
a VTI out of an other EG2 would work nice too. Although he finds the 160 BHP insufficient, I think that is the way to go. Some opinions please :confused:

Thank you!

a B16B isn't a "big" plan at all. the power gains will be small.

but hey, I wanna see your car !

Welcome. I have no technical knowledge at all.
pissedoffsol did a swap in a del sol, but no one seems to wanna talk about it :shrug2:

Maby not, but saying you have 185 bhp out a 1.6 has his charms :D

Some pics of my ride:
These rims have long gone
166477203.jpg

166472338.jpg

166477233.jpg

Side by side with my ex girl's CTR: (yes I've currently got CTR rims)
176315047.jpg

Side by side with her dad's S2k:
176315035.jpg

@ Circuit Zolder (Belgium)
170415918.jpg

170408092.jpg

Don't say I didn't drive the hell out off my tire's :D I really was quick there! Had some brake fading after 2 or 3 laps @ full throttle. And oil temp. reached 130+ degree. (Next mod wil be an oil cooler and ferodo DS2500's ;) )
170419042.jpg

Love the fact she is still a REAL car, meaning she can take a long drive. This photo is taken in Switserland after a 600 mile journey Still ran smooth back then. Mountains were specially fun :D
137975429.jpg

And look what I ran into! A YELLOW ITR! Only available in Switerland and therefore super exclusive!
137967732.jpg

Last pic
136909814.jpg

Oh and the spec's:
DC 4-1 header (wrapped in heat wrap)
cat converter
Invidia cat-back
Fuel Pressure Regulator
MSD Spark plug wire's
Iridium spark plugs
CAI with K&N filter (also wrapped in heat wrap)
ACT sport clutch
Lightend flywheel
Hondata Intake gasket (reduces intake temp)
Coolant hoses removed from the throttle body (reduces intake temp)

Exterior:
Tinted windows.
Carbon hood.

Interior:
Optional Type-R pedal set
Optional Type-R rear strutbar.
Pillar pod with oil-temp and Air-Fuel

And within a month I'll have 17" Volk Racing TE37's rolling on this baby :D

Last edited:
Sharp car, glad to have you aboard.

getting 280ps from a 1.6 is cool for exactly .3 seconds. Then it turns into "Why bother?"

Also, all that hp is great, but the B16 is such a pig at the low end.

V-tec wasn't invented for torque :D
Fuel economy goes up though so I don't really care.
One of my friends has a 1.3 (Toyota Corolla E11 *ahum) and he usually runs the same mile's to the gallon as I do. And my car is só much faster.. Love V-tec for that!;)

I agree about the high horsepower out off a small (tuned) engine, though this it stock with all the privilege's from a stock engine...

Thank you for the kind responses!

(ps sorry if my English isn't always that good, but I try real hard ;) )

With a fast spooling, high flow turbo, you can get the piggish low end out of a 1.6 really quick. :) It is all in how much money you want to spend. Nice Type R btw. I would love to have that car.

dang! i really like your teg, it's hot! my b/f has a 01 gsr i bet he'd really like your car. but yeah. i have a 95 accord with some stuff done, but yeah. welcome to hondaswap, lol like i post here all the time:rolleyes: not really. but i should try more i'm online all the time. but anyways. yeah have a great day!

Back