HELLP!! CRX iratic idle!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRseX84

so iv been workin wit her for a while now, i had previously: blead the coolent system, there are no codes, but the prob no more is the idle at 2k. now it likes to fluctuate from 1000 - 1800 rpm. my teacher told me to check the timming on the cam, i was off a tooth actualy. so i turned it to the correct tooth. started it up, ran fine, my throttle cable was loose so my boy tightend it for me, just so there wasnt any slack, then it started flutating again. there are no codes, its drivin me crazy, i can drive it, but i cant take off, like i cant creep, it bucks, because it flutates, but i found if i unplug the Idle Air controle valve, then it doesnt flutuate any more, it just idles at 1100rpm. then after 3min. it starts doing it again. PLEASE HELP ME!!! i need to go home tomarow for the weekend from college home is 3hours away. any help would be great. IM me im on all the time!!!! CRXsiR84 is my AIM sn.
Tyler

what motor? do you have a Fast Idle Thermo Valve? its located directly under the throttle body. i had problems similar to yours and it turned out that i had a bad fast idle thermo valve. i bought a brand new one from honda and my car idles fine now.

my motor in there now is a 1.5 dx the orgional motor. i do not think i do have that. cuz im doin a SI swap into it, and i know the si does, and i know i g2 wire that in to the dx harness. but if i actualy do have that on my dx motor, let me know!! thanks alot.!!
Tyler

the fast idle thermo valve is not elctronic at all. it has a line for coolant but thats it. theres nothing to wire up with a fast idle thermo valve.

ok cool, can u tell me wut it looks like? and also if i can test it? thanks alot for the help i realy aprechiate it.
Tyler

Back