Help 00 civic ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zsanchez

alright so about a month ago my car cut off on me in the middle of the highway. i heard some noise that i thought was my flywheel finally going as i was having clutch problems. i cranked the car again and its started, heard what sounded like loud scraping, and the car cut off and never started again. when i took it to the mechanic they said i blew the motor due to lack of oil? so i ripped the head off the block and took some pictures of the top of the block to see if anyone could help me out int telling if the diagnosis of the problem was correct.

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    628.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    772.8 KB · Views: 130
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    613 KB · Views: 113
right before it blew the oil light came on ....... im not sure of anything just wanting some clues. how could i tell if i spun a bearing?

it will make some crazy noises, and the journals on the crank shaft will be FUBAR.

car wont crank anymore and the mechanic said its locked up he tried to turn it manually and could not

thats about right zsanchez. if you lose oil or oil pump doesnt pump oil anymore. your conrod bearing will seize. think welded conrod bearing and crankshaft. engine will not rotate.

hopefully only the conrod bearing locked up and it didnt give problem with the crankshaft.

Back