help 92 akkord h22a auto swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

akkord r

is it the same to swap a auto as it is a 5 speed casue i never seen a auto done i have a 92 auto lx accord and i wanna do a auto prelude swap also how fast will it be compared to a accord with a 5 speed is there any promblem with traction with the auto does it or will it spin alot my f22 will catch seconds even being a auto and it just has minmal bolt on and only turns 16.2's in the 1/4 i'll be on streetsourcemag.com chatting under truckguy2000 thanks

It's probably easier than the manual swap. Traction won't be much more of a problem than before. Times should be pretty close to the manual swap. I suggest you buy the H22A Auto tranny along with your engine. Mine was luckily LSD. Much faster than a F22.

Please take the time to punctuate, I hate translating jibberish.

okay what about power differnece. From the auto to the 5 i have been told that the auto has 180 compared to the 5 speed 200 and up. The one that i'm looking at is a 93 jdm auto and it orginal a auto will lsd make that much diff. on a auto thanks

Please work on your english and/or typing skills.

The H22A auto is exactly the same as the H22A manual. The only difference is the throttle body has a different cable plate (to accomadate the kick-down cable).

My stock-ish H22A (with the super-restrictive stock Accord exhaust) made 178 whp on the dyno... it's a pity the rod bearings went over the weekend.. :(

My F22 made about 120 whp.

a better flowing exhaust made a huge difference IMHO. The H22A automatic tranny is pretty short geared, and some came with LSD. I have one in my garage ready for installation, but I've been busy.
The major difference will be the take off. I can't work the clutch for the perfect launch. However, once rolling, you rip hard. With I/H/E, my engine pulls hard from 5000-7600 rpms.

okay everyone stop hatting on the typing skills i just get in a hurry and don't proofread. Are ya'll sure about the manual and auto having the same hp. i'm looking at a sportcompact car and it says auto 180 manual 200 it the issue were the swapped the h22a in a 94 lx thanks for the help sorry about the typing bare with me :)

Originally posted by akkord r@Mar 9 2004, 12:34 AM
okay everyone stop hatting on the typing skills i just get in a hurry and don't proofread. Are ya'll sure about the manual and auto having the same hp. i'm looking at a sportcompact car and it says auto 180 manual 200 it the issue were the swapped the h22a in a 94 lx thanks for the help sorry about the typing bare with me :)

check it out bro, just took these yesterday!!!!

Pics of My engine bay, sensors, solenoids, paperwork, swap related material

Um, yeah, we're sure. There are slight differences, but not HP.

I did 115 in third, and still haven't topped out yet. That was with two heavy friends. If there was a track within 50 miles I'd give you times. :)

That looks bad ass. Do you infact have a true type r h22a. Are you 4 sure that the hp ratting are the same casue 2 magzines say the auto has less. what can i exoect to run in the 1/4 with a auto with lsd, cold air, header, muffler. Compared to a 5 speed and will i spin out. Is there any more wiring or anything for the auto compared to the 5 speed. What about the rear motor mount that has fluid in it do you use the accord or prelude one or either or.

First off, I have the normal Auto JDM H22A with auto P13 and F22 tranny.
I have a new header, and 2.5" catback all in stainless.
I also have a true cold air intake, which is easy to do.

Are they the same, no. I don't know where those numbers came from, but the only differences we(hondaswap members) have been able to find are slightly different cams and fuel maps. We have not found any real proof to sustain the claim that autos only have 180 HP. Sleepn_Accord gave you his numbers. That's Wheel HP, with shitty exhaust. That is easily 200 at the crank.

My buddy has an F22 Auto. He drove my car and couldn't believe it. The first time you get it to run right, you'll smile ear to ear. This is why I come back here to help people like you. I have a life, but I like to help where and how I can. When I needed help, others were here for me.

I can't remember who posted it, but someone posted times for an auto compared to a stick. They were within two tenths of a second in the 1/4 mile. Like 14.9 stick and 15.1 Auto. Both are respectable times for a bolt in swap.

I have not raced a 5 spd H22 swap, but I did race a 5 spd non vtec B18 civic hatch. I had a Check Engine Light killing power, and I was using an F22 Auto tranny. He only had me by half a car at 70 mph.
Since then, I have upgraded my awful exhaust to awesome. I put the engine light in check, and I have the H22 automatic tranny in the garage. Too bad he got rid of it, cuz I'd smoke him now.

It will be quick. If you need quicker, it can be done.

Oh, with the automatic, you are not revving up and dumping the clutch, so you won't spin badly unless you punch it from a dead stop. It is fun to do that though, so I won't tell you not to........

what about my other q about ebay and the motor mount???

also what this i keep hearing about the tensior and swapping another in for the motor to last casue. I plan on spraying it like 65 shot

my motor was from Ebay, the seller was Sun Coast Customs. The tranny was from Street Imports, LTD. Both did a good job. I trust people with good feedback, and lots of it.

The motor mount is stock. The manuals require the tranny mount to be changed slightly, whereas the auto swap is fine all by itself, no changes.

well the guy i'm looking at buying from only has like 30 feedback but it 100%. Heres a link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEBWA:IT let me know your opinon on it. He has another h22a obd 1 auto with a lsd told me 1300 shipped is that a good price thanks for the help. Also this is off the topic do you know about windows xp home edtion.

also what did you do about your power steering line. I have been told you have to weld a differnt fitting on to use the prelude one and also the belt tensior everyone tells me get a manual one. How much is something like that to do and is it worth it. Also did you get a 97 or newer fuel rail casue it on the wrong side on the obd1 compared the the f22's. Also you using prelude or accord axles and what did you use for your map a 90-93 civic dx??? Were you able to keep crusie control???

Originally posted by akkord r@Mar 9 2004, 02:04 AM
well the guy i'm looking at buying from only has like 30 feedback but it 100%. Heres a link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEBWA:IT let me know your opinon on it. He has another h22a obd 1 auto with a lsd told me 1300 shipped is that a good price thanks for the help. Also this is off the topic do you know about windows xp home edtion.

I didn't buy any special belt tensioner. My alternator has one extra groove, but it is not necessary to use all five grooves. Use the Accord AC pump bracket. Keep all of your accessories.

Later

That's a good price for motor/tranny, and hopefully you get the ECU. He seems to look pretty legit.

XP is windows. It's a lot more colorful, a little faster, easier on the eyes, and it supports a lot more hardware without the need for a disc(digital cameras, etc). I have Pro, but they're almost the same. I like it.

Look at my pictures. I used a Accord hose with a welded on prelude end for a long time. However, it always leaked, and I had it welded on three times. Two hydraulic shops in the area wouldn't touch the hose itself. Have an experience brazer/welder fix it for you, or buy one from Honda, $140. Don't underdo this hose, it runs very high pressure. The return line, as you can see in my pics, is low pressure and I lengthened it a little.

You can use the Accord fuel rail, or lengthen the fuel line a little. I lengthened mine using high quality fittings. 40-50 psi is not that much. I get 90 psi of water to my kitchen faucet.

Back