HELP !! Accord question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

teamflorida AJ

Ok guys, I have a question or two. My accord wagon has a automatic in it. The engine runs great and all .Oh, it's a 1992 with 121,000 miles. The car sometimes will not start and then when it does with the D is flashing red. The car runs but like it's in limp mode. Also when it's warmed up and you pull to a light it wants to buck . Now this one the D is green and normal the car when you step on it wants to go but is reved low then like a something clicks then takes off like normal. OK WTF???? anyone?I have owned many crxs' and civics but this is my first accord. Thanks

I drive this car atleast 750 miles a week back and forth to work. It runs great at speed and all. but hates slow traffic.Never had a automatic before.

When d light flashes it's usually the trans computer, swap it out with good one.

Good information from 4U2H8ME. I would guess the computer for sure! I have owned about 500 of these cars over many years of selling them. Whenever this happened to me the first time I replaced the tranny and it still did the same thing. Then another car dealer told me about the computer and waalaa, it was fixed. MAN 121K that is low miles man, hold on to that car for a while.

engine start up, tran smission fault

I have a 92 accord, had the same exact problem, dealer told me to replace the main fuel realy under the dash, he siad that would cause the starting problem and he said it can send false signals to the transmission computer, i told him i didnt see what one had to do with the other, anyway i put it on the car and have never had another problem starting or with the transmission. i also put one on a freinds 92 that was having the transmission problem and it cleared that up as well. Honda says they sell about 12 to 15 of these a month and they are good for about 5 yrs then can make the car do some strange things. i know this dont sound right but its worth a try before going through the expence of replacing parts, if you do this let us know how it works out
Frank allen 92 accord 128k miles

Back