help asap - intake manifold swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NEWBIEDAN

i have a 1990 civic hatchback.. 1.5L dpfi.. 4 speed.. base of the base models.
i have done alot of research and read pretty much everyones "dpfi to mpfi" and would like to give it a try. i am new to hondas but definately not new to cars. my problem is this.. the manifold i can buy is from a d16y8. now, i've read on various posts (i try to figure out all i can by others questions so the same question never ever ever ever gets asked twice so "blanco" doesnt get pissed off) that the d series is basically a d series in that the trannys, intakes and so on are the same..
but i want to make sure before i buy this manifold setup that since the d16y8 (being a v-tec and mine a non-v-tec) that the manifolds are still compatible. so i guess the main question here is....

will a d16y8 v-tec manifold, injectors, t-body work as the starting point for my dpfi to mpfi swap on my 1990 civic hatch??
also, i have a couple slang terms i think i have figured out and some i need help with, correct me if im wrong - PLEASE!! :)

dizzy - distributor???
my car is a 4th gen civic???
which letters represent my car?? example (ed? ef? ek?)
what does the "std" mean? standard? sexually transmitted disease??
damn it there is more.. i cant think of them now that i have to balls to finally ask these stupid questions knowing i could possibly get virtual kick in the balls by blanco... please know that i have searched and searched to find all these answers before i asked and since my initial question had to do with a manifold swap this was the best place for this. i apologize for any mistakes in advance. thanks alot!

I think the d16y8 will bolt up, but i dont think it has the right sensors for you application.

as for your questions, i can answer those.

Dizzy = Distributor - Correct.
4th Gen - Correct
4G Civic = EF.
Std = Standard

Blanco is a wittle baybee...dont listen to his bullshit. The easiest way to keep from being made fun is to come in seeking assistance, and dont be a douchebag. Welcome to the board. :wave:

Back