HELP- B16A swap into 91 civic dx hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allmota18

What's up everybody. I'm kinda new to the Honda scene so help me out here please. Im about to pick up a jdm b16 with Hasport mounts, shift linkage, spec stage 2 clutch, and computer; I plan on throwing it into my 91 hatch(dual point engine 4spd tranny). I'm wondering, besides axles and harness, in detail what exactly will I need to change out or modify in order to pull this off. Any info will help me out allot, thanks.

well, there are tons of write ups on this subject. But, a few pointers; you have to cut out your front motor mount, the bseries does not utilize it and will not fit with it there. You have to pound out the frame on the driverside to make the alternator fit in, do this before you try to drop it in. You said harness, mpfi obd1 or obd0 pretty much your choice. I can't remember if the axles will fit in the stock knuckles, I put second gen integra on my swap. You need swap axles, linkage a couple of different radiator and heater hoses.
But really just search and you will find all your answers. Try Rywire : What's New Here? he has all the electrical instructions. And I'm pretty sure you can search for b series into ef and you will get a shit ton of answers. Sorry I can't be more of help, I did my b-ef swap like eight years ago. Good luck man, they're a ton of fun.

Back