HELP! car runs like rough when it gets warm....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90htchbck

i noticed that when my car gets warm/hot it starts running like crap, what could it be???
the other day after work i took a buddy for a drive, car ran excellent, so we talked for a while and the car idled for about 10 minutes when i drove it home the whole time i ran like shit...car was backfiring and ran like shit, wouldn't accelerate when i wanted it to, i would give it gas and it would just stutter, what could it be??? i was thinking maybe a coil or distributor??? cause one of my buddies had the same problem in a camaro and it was his coil..but his car would turn off...my car just runs like shit, doens't accelerate when i want it to and it backfires, please help!!! what would it be??? i know i have the wrong ecu it's from an automatic integra but i dont' think it woudl be the ecu becasue the car runs good but it just seems like when it gets warm it starts acting up. also, i noticed some oil coming from the engine...at first i thought it was a leak in the head gasket but now that i look it seems to be coming from the black circles on the head, is that the cam??? could that be causing it to act like this??? if it is a coil...where is the coil located on this damn thing???? I would most appreciate any help i can get.

fuel pressure may be too high.. any smoke or anything.. possibly spark plugs, have you checked them??

not smoking...i'll check the spark plugs, i know that when you first start the car it will keep shutting off...the only way to turn on the car is to give it gas, otherwise it will keep turning off

sounds like a fuel problem. any check engine lights?

yes, engine light is on...and...i was just driving it right now and at about 3500 rmps it started studdering so i gave it gas to raise rpms and it didn't accelerate just made a real deep sound then "BAM" back fire, i got off my car and my stock muffler just turned in to a wide open beer can...so yeah...what's a good high flow muffler that will keep my car as quiet as possible??? can i use the original resonator ???

don't fix anything at all without checking the code for the check engine light.

Back