Help cooling fan not turning on

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tchongtching

hi,
i have 11 v on yellow and white wire, and 10v on yellow on main fan relay,
so there's voltage there, but on the plug going to the fan motor, there's only infinite ohms to show it' s grounded, and no voltage on the other side all ( Ithink it should because it should be a permant positive with a changing ground resistance),
i've checked the solid state box and found some corrosion on the ground connection on the circuit (is that interfering), and also some rust on a little leg of a chop called MIP in another box close to the solid state box, the little leg is not connected to anything on the other side of the circuit which seems weird for such a component to just hang a rusty leg on the side.

any help would be great i need to get my engine heat correct.

thank you

I'm not the best on this subject, but IIRC, If there's infinite ohms that means an open circuit. Where Where what was between the ohmmeter leads? Was the car running at the time? We need data.

Try hooking up the volt meter between the fan plug and negative battery cable. Is there voltage? What about from positive battery lead to negative side of the connector?

Back