HELP!! EG / B18C info needed!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

daniero

I'm an asshole.
hey... someone in my area is selling a 1992 civic 5spd DX hatch for $1000 CDN.. no rust!! motor is shot though.. PERFECT for a swap... but, i'm 15 and a complete n00b to swaps/hondas in general. whats the easiest swap? im considering a B18C (gsr?) with non-lsd.. whats the advantages over an lsd? im not going to be racing this car or doing anything extreme, so would a non-lsd be good enough? and could a n00b like myself do a b18c swap? what parts are needed? ive searched, and all i could come up with is that it's a direct bolt-in swap and i'd need to wire VTEC. is that it?

any opinions/comments are greatly appreciated, thanks.

i've also got my flame suit on :p but i've searched and couldn't find diddily-squat, please take it easy on me :D

this is the motor i've been lookin at:
B18C SiR-G/GSR OBD1 Complete Motor Swap (NON-LSD) | JDM Honda Parts, JDM Honda Engines / JDM Nissan Motor Swaps, Used JDM Parts - Password JDM

is passwordjdm a reliable source for parts/swaps?

Last edited:
Please take no offense, but Are you employed full-time, or are your parents loaded?
when you are young its a bad idea to put 3,000 into a 1,000 non-running car. a "bad" motor can be any one of a million things, *Ala Headgasket like my hatch was* and you just pop a new head on there and Bam, you have a great little gas sipper to take care of you.

not employed/parents aren't loaded.. i have no idea what's wrong with the motor to tell you the truth :p i just saw an ad in the paper, and it looks like a decent opportunity. i have enough to buy the car, not enough for the swap though.. i'm not planning on doing anything more than buying the car in the near future, until i get a job and enough money for the swap it'd probably just sit in my yard:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back