help -- engine specs, can't find.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

daveholiday

Do work
I got this program called desktop dyno off my shop teacher, to get an estimate of dyno crap. It's supposedly guaranteed to get you within 5% of your real stats, so I figured I'll give it a try, just to see what i'll be at with my compression and crap.

But, I need allllll this different junk, that I don't know and can't seem to find. So, I turn to honda-swap.

d16y8
intake valve (inches)
exhaust valve (inches)

induction flow (cfm) @ *** inHg? ( I don't know what that means, but there is a blank for the IF then it says @ blank inHg.)

Manifold Type (assumed single plane manifold, don't know what that means, choices are single plane, dual plane, tunnel ram, individual runner, tuned port injection, sequential fire injection, and forced induction [know its not FI, i'm not boosted :p])

cam stuff
camshaft type (entered VTEC?) choices are stock street/economy, high performance street profile, dual purpose street, and then a couple drag ones, or you could enter your own, I entered vtec?

lifter?
cam specs @ (seat-to-seat or 0.50-inch timing, one or the other, or enter my own)
int lift @ valve
exh lift @ valve

IVO (BTDC)?
EVO (BBDC)?
IVC (ABDC)?
EVC (ATDC)?

I need these things, the things at the end I have no idea what they are or mean. If anyone would like to try the program, let me know.

Hmmn... I dunno if you'll be able to do it w/a 4 banger man. I dunno where you'd get those specs at :S

Sweet! I want a copy. ;)

Sounds like that program is set up for V8s though...

You're not going to get an induction flow rate without seeing someone else's flowbench results or measuring them yourself. The manifold type would probably fit as individual runner the best. The single/dual plane refers to V8 intake manifold geometry I think- single plane puts all the runners at similar tunes for a good peak power band, while dual plane screws things up and changes up lengths so half the cylinders run well at lower rpms and half are better up top- flatter torque curve.

I think. ;)

Back