HELP got a bit of a problem here

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sablo16

hey folks ive got a bit of a problem here w/ my 95 civic (b16/b20 stock internals at 8 psi) recently while driving my check engine lite came on...of course i throughly inspected the car when i got home...it idled fine no knock or ping...so i just shut it off n then i turned it back on after a few minutes i took the car out for a spin n no lite just a little power loss...but heres the fun part...when i rev the engine it revs up fine but then if u immediatly hit the gas again the engine like hesistates like it almost growls n a pop is barely audible...the car mite be running a little rich...also for awhile now my BOV has been emitting a high pitched whistle at low rpm its like holding open cuz i think the rubber gasket is worn out or something...im thinking that my BOV isnt closing properly after rev tehrefore cutting off air n forcing up my air/fuel ratio...please someone review this n tell me wat the hell is going on...im concerned as to why my check engine lite came on can someone explain?

:worthy: PLEASE HELP ALMIGHTY HONDA TUNING GODS :worthy:

the BOV won't effect your a/f ratio. it release air before it even enters to motor.

did you pull the code?

nah i didnt think of doin that...but like i just heard if u take a turn hard enuf sometimes itll cause all the oil in the engine to go to one side n at the point where the lite came on i just came out of a hard turn so im thinking thats wat kicked off the lite...im also thinking that wat im dealing w/ here as far as my engine problem is boost leak but i just inspected everything n the only area i can find a problem is the bov its taking forever to close plus its whislting liek a dying whale

well its not really the engine lite that has me worried...ill get the code as soon as i have time since im working all weekend...like my friend was looking at it n he sed like it could b back pressure or something thats causing the hesistation cuz it only happens at like low rpms so i ordered a new bov n hopefulyl this will solve the problem n ive been driving the car for awhile w/ no lite

exactly how much trouble can a busted bov cause?

i also noticed one more thing a black hose on the top of my valve cover just leading off into nothing... ... ... normal?

should it just be hanging w/o connection to nething else then?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 18 2003, 12:54 AM
the BOV won't effect your a/f ratio. it release air before it even enters to motor.

did you pull the code?

wat do u mean?

the mafs sends a signal to the ecu telling how much fuel to give and there is supposed to be X amount of air, but only only X amount gets there
there will be too much gas hence i will run rich

i mean at least thats how i think it works so like y isnt it a boost leak causing my problem?

i think the problem with that extra black hose just might be wat the other guy said about your pcv make sure your pcv is hooked up just in case and see if it will run fine then

yeah the pcv is hooked up just where most ppl have a little filter i have a beautiful black piece of hose...

pissedoffsol ... ma baddddd
i ordered a new bov so i think that will fix the problems

the bov on there now is really messed up n it seems to b the only faulty piece on the car so hopefully that will fix things

btw does anyone know about the laws passed in NJ that requires vehicles w/ "modified suspensions" to be inspected special by the state...tomorrow i have to take my car to a special station where they make sure my suspension is "road worthy" ... then i can finally take my car back to my mechanic and have him put a sticker on it...wat a freakin hassle...i hate this state

no prob dude :) at least you know what one is

everywhere is staring to suck for car laws ..... florida rules

EVERYONE MY CAR WAS IMPOUNDED BY THE STATE OF NJ

I POSTED A TOPIC IN THE MEMBERS LOUNGE READ N SHARE MY SORROW

Back