Help Help Help Code 20 On B16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

WannabeSI

Hey I have a b16a in a 97 HX coupe and I was running fine but my GSR ecu wasnt reading o2's correctly because hx is a seven wire. so i set out to look for an EX harness but could find one so got a DX harness because it has the 4 wire o2's and then hard wired in knock, vtec, and IAC plugs to the harness taking them off of my HX harness and wiring it EXACTLY how the HX had it which is also the same as the wiring diagram has them too. everything works fine (vtec, knock, etc) except I am getting error 20 which is Electrical Load Detector. So now my battery wont charge and my car dies if headlights or other accesories are ran. i thought it was my alternator but $250 later i find out it is not. I was told that the Electrical Load Detector sensor is in the bottom of the engine bay fuse box so i bought one out of a 99si and that did nothing. I have gone crazy going through my wiring and I have come to the conclusion that i have no idea what the hell is going on! everything is plugged in and everything works except that and i dont know what it is. Please help!

i had a problem like this once, after putting in a custom test pipe on my 2000 si turbo i drove it hit some turns and my speedo shut off (i thought to myself, what the hell) later down the road the car shut off the rear o2 was shorting out the fuse for the alternator. maby this might help put you in the right direction..............

Back