Help Honda Gurus!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wildcat820

I have a Stripped out and Caged 88 CRX that I dirt oval race! I got the car for free from work, Its an HF! its not the cheesy dual port its Multi port. was geared too high, I found a 88 SI tranny! It works way better gear selection can get in the power band.

WHO HAS A SWAP ENGINE TO SELL ME????

My problem is I need a simple engine swap! I want an SI D15B2 would be the simplest swap right?? is there a head I could drop on the HF 1.5? It runs pretty dam good actully! IT HAS TO BE SOHC! Its the RULE!!!

HELP! I Been reading for a week to no Avail! So dont tell me to used the search Button!

Thanks
Quinn

Located in Iowa

any 88-00 d series head will work, but i think it would be better to just get a motor swap

Well i know a kid here in town has a DX motor 4 valve that I can have and if i could slap that head on this HF it would plenty. power wasn't a Huge issue just want a lil more but its a Dual port injection head I think? could I use a 90 intake or something? will it run off the hf computer?

you have to be careful about putting a 16 valve head on an 8 valve engine - valves may not clear the pistons as some of the 8 valve engines don't have valve reliefs for the other 8 valves

Last edited:
Back