Help ID ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jfish

37820-p5m-003-076-100232. does ecu have immobilizer, are pinouts the same as usdm. thanks

the p5m is very uncommon here in the states...

its either an auzzie 97-01 Prelude H22a (P5M-Qxx)
or a eurpoean 97-01 lude h22a (P5M-Gxx) (but these were only automatics)

and yes both have an immobilizer.

all pinouts for same obd cars are the same. if an ecu doesn't have a particular feature (say, no vtec or no knock) that plug is simply left blank with very few execptions existing...

the auto ecu's are weird and havea 4th plug sometimes...

but this should follow the obd2a diagrams

Quoted post[/post]]
the p5m is very uncommon here in the states...

its either an auzzie 97-01 Prelude H22a (P5M-Qxx)
or a eurpoean 97-01 lude h22a (P5M-Gxx) (but these were only automatics)

and yes both have an immobilizer.

all pinouts for same obd cars are the same. if an ecu doesn't have a particular feature (say, no vtec or no knock) that plug is simply left blank.

the auto ecu's are weird and havea 4th plug sometimes...

but this should follow the obd2a diagrams
I tried to upload pix but the board will not let me. i got the swap from h motors steve numbered the ecu bb6, h22a, 1252322, m.t. this is my everyday car and looking for a smooth swap. if it has immobilizer what shoud i do with this ecu.

EDM accord type R ecu's are PDE, not p5m. that is not the ecu you have. your swap is from austrailia or new zealand.

bb6 is the prelude VTEC chassis code.

you can't post pics to the board cuz you don't have 50 posts yet (thats when you get free gallery usage). use a site like photobucket.com to upload and link.

IMO, the easiest way to do this with the least headaches, is to score an obd2a->1 conversion harness and pick up a usdm p13-a10 or p13-a11

well okay b...im being stupid i guess. but before he does that...what kind of car is the swap going in?

why does he need a conversion harness. sounds like steve is on his game and gave him an OBD2 engine for an OBD2 car.

the majority of obd2 p13's have an immobilizer as well. he'll need to get to an obd1 to make it happen correctly and without a hitch-- which is what he's after.

getting around an immobilizer is NOT impossible. but it's not a plug-n-play affair

is there a thread about what an immobilizer does. im not really familiar with it.

oh, nm...im willing to bet its that chip in the key...right?

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah, key has to match ignition cyl has to match ecu
maybe a couple more random things, i dont know
Up date... i called steve and he said the motor, ecu, trans are out of the same car from japan 97 prelude. he said in japan they dont have immobilizers. trying to stay obd2 so i'll give it a shot. if not will go with the p28 or p13.

sure- plug it in. the worst that can happen is that it doesn't work. Can't hurt to try.

Back