HELP! important!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mustang67n

i was driving the honda last night, and then out of no-where, i heard a loud 'flump' type of sound from the engine bay and then my oil pressure QUICKLY dropped.. i put the car in neutral, threw on my hazzards, and turned the car off, coasted to a gas station where i could get it towed from..

today, when i got a chance to get up under the car (i got it towed to my house last night) i found what i think is the culprit... on my DPFI intake manifold, it has a valve on the top of the manifold right before it goes into the intake chamber on the head.. this valve was connected through a hose down the a box mounted on the backside of the engine, all i know about it, is that it is for emmisions. i couldnt find where it goes on the MPFI so i just left it there. we tried to take the box off, but found out that it has oil from the engine that goes into it through a hole in the engine (where it mounts) anyways.. ive been driving with this unconnected for a while (the hose, we put the box back on) adn last night, i think the oil pressure got high enough and blasted out of the hose!
it is the only place i can see where the oil could have come from. my pan is fine, as is my gasket..

my questions begin here..
is there someplace, on the MPFI intake manifold where that hose goes?!
is it supposed to have oil in the little black box on the back of the block?
if there is nowhere for it on the MPFI mani.. do i just cap off the hole in the block?! if so, how do i do that?

HELP!!!

the black box on the back of the block is the breather chamber - it connects via a hose to the PCV valve which is at the top of the intake manifold - big hose from the center port of the three ports on the front of the intake manifold connects to PCV

Attachments

• breather.jpg
    breather.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 104
no shit?! thans so much man! i think you just saved my car! and me a loootta money

this site kicks ass

thanks man!

heh.. turns out i snapped a rod in half..

or at least, thats what im blaming the clanking sound on. lol

im off to the jegs website to start researching my new engine build :-D lol

Back