Help in spokane

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lostinmiself

That Guy....
I am writing here for some help.:confused::confused:

I have a friend who has a 88 civic sedan. it has the D15b1 i believe in it and for some reason it has a 91 accord ecu. Now when he got the car (like 3 or 4 days ago) it ran fine. He had me install his stereo and now the check engine light came on. Now he said he tried to start it this morning and it started up alright but when it got warmed up it died and now will not start. Now i have little knowledge for hondas i am trying to read what i can o have a few books and what not but i was wondering if there was anyone that could help me out. It is his first car and now he can not even drive it. I gave him the suggestion of just getting a new motor and having a fresh start or getting it rebuilt. If anyone from spokane,WA can help please do so.... if there is any help people can suggest that'd be great....
thanks,
ken

step 1) pull the code dummy

it shows a code 4... the crank position sensor... we didn't unplug anything in the engine bay and i checked it out to b sure.

as far as what i installed...2 kenwood Cyclone 12'', with a alpine 500w v-power amp and a kenwood head unit but why would that matter to the engine?

i have no idea what to do or even begin

Back