Help in Swapping engine parts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gpeterso

I am building an engine for an off-road car that limits its cc's to 1750. My idea is to use the B18C motor and swap the crank and rods from the b16 del sol motor, does anybody know if that will work? or is there a better bang for the buck to get my cc's and still retain the highest aspirated HP I can. Thanks

Crank and Rod swap.

Do you mean the whole motor? or the crank and rods from the JDM b16? If whole motor does it have the same HP and Tork as the B18C?

What small engine does have torque??? These cars are gear to go no more than 110MPH with a 5 speed tranny so torque is important but not the first critical factor. Everybody else in the class has the same issue so I am not too concerned. Does anybody know if I can use the B16 gen2 motor and drop in crank and rods from the b18a motor to get the cc's up to where I need it, 1700-1750 or so??

I'm glad we have Blanco here to preach against the evils of the B series. /sarcasm

The B16/B18 would be an excellent choice, and I'm fairly certain the internals are interchangeable. You'll have to compare the bore/stroke from both the B16 and B18 to figure out if you'll be under 1750cc but I would guess that a hybrid between 1600 and 1800 would put you close. Check the red print in my sig before you take my advice.

Holy misinformation Batman! B16 internals can fit in the B18 block, (though compression would be too low to run well) but not the other way around. If you used anything but a B16A block the B18A internals would put a piston through the head.

The closest I can come using only Honda parts is B18A block with a 1mm overbore and a B17A crank gives you 1,719 cc. This setup with require custom rods/pistons because nothing that Honda makes will give you compression ratio higher than about 9.5:1.

How is he going to get a D series to 1700-1750cc? I think destroking a B18 is his only option as far as Honda engines go. Unless he had a custom crank made for the D, but that's more $$$ than it's worth.

And you're always braggin about how you make more torque than a stock B series, yet your D is FAR from stock. You could take a stock B series, put a heavier flywheel on it, and make more torque than your D all day long. B series are made for high end power (at which they will also kick the shit out of your D) torque is almost meaningless when talking about Honda engines. None of them have any.

Back