HELP JDM SiR II TCS problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ingalook

Hi,

I have a JDM SiR II but my car has TCS... the TCS has crapped out and now my CEL is on... I tried swapping out the ECU with an OBD1, it fit but the tach stopped working among other things... so I guess that the Pin configuration is different.

Damn TCS... I don't need it... I just want the car running again.

pleas tell me someone on this board can help me :huh:

most of us are from the states here... so we really don't know much about what is what.

can you give us a break down of your car in details (ie, 1998 obd2 ek hatch) ecu code, etc.

My bad

The car is a 1994 four door eg9 civic SiR

Y21 tranny 5fwd with LSD
B16A2
OBD1

I knew this would be a tough nut to crack since as far as I can tell TCS (traction control system) on an old civic is rear ... even down here

More specs of ECU

OBD1
[SIZE=-1]P30-N21
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]P30SP5785N27
Spoon
5700 vetc crossover
8500 redline
[/SIZE]

the "spoon" is what you replaced it with, or the old ecu?

a normal USDM or JDM p30 ecu will not have TCS on them. Only a few EDM models had TCS on the EG models.

The car came from japan that way... we suspected that the car may have been some type of test car for spoon (or owned by someone who really liked spoon) since it came down with spoon wheels and coilovers back in 98 or so.

There are a few JDM SiRs rolling around with TCS, hence the reason there is a TCS light in some JDM gauge clusters you see on ebay...

Anyhow... the wiring harness seems almost totally alien to the conventional OBD1 layout... if you plug this ecu into another SiR the car won't even start... it seems kinda strange that the average person would go through all this trouble to rewire their car... beats me really

Back