help!! me ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

domo

i have a civic ex and looking to swap the engine. just need help on what would be better: h22a or b18c??:eek:

what year Civic EX are you talking about

the B18C will always be an easier swap than the H22a

which is "better" completely depends on you and what you want

I personally had an EX and I put a B18C1 in it!! Granted that when I bought the engine only 3 cylinders were working. But you win some and loose some. I would have liked to put the H22 in just because you get more out of it and you will be able to stroke the heck out of it and enjoy power and have a great time. Personally that my opinion.

You need to do some research and find out what type of power gains you want and of course the big deal that I run into alot is $$$$$. Just always remember have fun!!!

h22 will require a big dennt to be hammered for the alternator to fit witch can result in the throwing off the cars alignment

B series is way easier to swap than H series. Plus the B series has so much more aftermarket support than the H. I would go with a B18C1 or B18C5 if you have deep pockets. An Ls Vtec or B20 Vtec is a great and cheaper choice also. I have a 98 Civic with B18b1 swap, I have a B16 head that I am building now for a Ls Vtec.

I agree the ls way is a much cheaper way. plus the turbo!!! big power small pockets!! could always go the k24 k20head frank build also! that is in my near future!!

Back