Help me get my car back!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
hers the deal. I sold my 89 civic hatch to a kid in Oct. of 03. haven't seen him or the car since. I heard through the grapevine that he sold it weeks after he bought it from me and the 2nd owner blew what was a brand new clutch within days. (damn ricers). Anyhow, here where it gets interesting. I get home yesterday after work and check my mail. there is a lien sale notification from a local towing yard that is right around the corner from my house. the letter states that I am still the registered owner and my civic has been in their yard for 3 days now! WTF? apparently, neither one of these assholes ever registered the car in there name.

So this is where I am at. To get the car out of the yard will cost me around $250 as of today ($125 for the tow and 4 day @ $30 for storage.) I want to get my car back! why not? The only thing that is stopping me is what if something happened (ei hit and run) while the car was still in my name. I buy it back and then I am in a mess of shit. But....If something like that had happened, wouldn't the cops been knocking at my door since I am still the last registered owner? What do you all think. If I do this, i am doing it tday before it acrues more fees! If anyone out there has had any experience with this, please respond. oh yeah..I live in Cali if that makes a difference between state laws.

matt

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 18 2004, 09:56 AM
lien goes on a TITLE, not a registration.

i think you are confusing things here....

I understand that. they own the title after x amount of days if not paid for. I just got off the phone with the DMV. no incidents reported and they said if I go get the car, as far as they see it it still belongs to me. Its all in my name. just like it was towed under my owner ship. Plus i only owe $84 for registration plus the cost of impound! I getting my car back!!!! woot!

easy go look at the car, if it was in a hit and run, wouldn't ya think you'd see some sort of damage by a simple vissible inspection.

thats pretty cool..i mean selling your car for a couple grand, then being able to get it back for a mere few hundred dollars....dood you just totally got free money.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Jun 18 2004, 12:52 PM
thats pretty cool..i mean selling your car for a couple grand, then being able to get it back for a mere few hundred dollars....dood you just totally got free money.

bought me a new G4 titanium laptop at the time. now i get both for only a couple hundred mo!

oh yeah!

matt

Back