Help me identify is this is sir or sirII

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

flip85

Hello,

First of all let me introduce myself Philip, 20 years old, driving an eg4 (d15b2 :S 0bd0), from the netherlands (so i'm sorry if my english becomes somewhat unclear).
Since i'm not satisfied with the power output of my current motor i want to swap.
I found a swap suitable for me but as i readed the "B16A Variants" swap article some questions rised above
This person claims its a sirII but some marks denie it, some marks aprove it. So here i'am very confused.
This is what the advertising says(translated of course):
For sale: 1 X JDM B16A SiRII swap:

Motor: B16A JDM SiRII
Milleage: +/- 40.000km
Torque: 158Nm/ 7300 rpm
Horsepower: 168pk/7800rpm
Transmission: JDM YS1 Cabletranny
Price: € 2250,-

- intake/header
- wiring motorspace
- fusebox motorspace
- dynamo
- ECU
- axles + tussenas
- Lambda

Anyway's here are some pics of the subject:

jdmb16a9qf.jpg

jdmb16a15da.jpg

jdmb16a04rv.jpg

Well since i'm not familiar with b16's at all who could help me.

Philip

It's surely an SIR-II. I have one in my EG right now and it looks exactly the same as that. Trust me It is because if it was not the II going into an EG, you would run into a whole mess of problems.

99% its an Sir-II, big VTEC on the valve cover, different intake manifold then my Sir-I. if i could get i pick of the connectors on the wiring harness i could be for sure.

but more then likely its an OBD1 SiR-II

you can also check by the date stamp on the head, by the exhuast ports.

Sure I thrust you, 2 things confused me though, the (vin?) number should be 5****** acording to the swap article and the picture above say 1407etc. And the tranny caused some confusion too, it says cable insteath of hydro? EDIT: i last saw 2 post where added since i typed this post. Thanks for the helping hands btw.

I'd be willing to bet that is a B16A out of an Integra XSi; that would explain the YS1 tranny. But that means that its not an SiRII because that motor is OBD0. You could always send the seller an email and ask what the code on the ECU is...if its a PR3 its going to be the B16A out of the XSi, if its P30 its a B16A SiRII.

Yes i found somewhere that he's says it has an p30 ecu. Btw quick question, am i facing problems with the YS1 tranny? Or isn't any different then a d15->b16a swap?

Its probably an SiRII that someone had in an older car, so they got rid of the hydro tranny and put the cable one in. If you get the swap you'll just want to take off the cable tranny and try and sell it and find a hydro either a Y1 or Y80 or S80 off a newer B16 or a B18C.

I little bit of helpful info, the SiR and the SiRII, are trim levels like the DX, VX, Si etc...both came with the same B16A, and both were availible from 89-00. They just have different options.

Quoted post[/post]]
The Honda Civic was availible in the SiR AND the SiRII from 89-00

Scroll down and have a look

89-91

92-95

96-00

SiR and SiRII as you can plainly see, indicate what options they came with. Not Horsepower or engine spec, though BOTH came with the same B16A per generation.

After 91 the JDM B16As had a 10.4:1 compression and 170 Ps, while the US models and the 89-91 JDM had 10.2:1 cpmression and 160 Ps. While the automatic was introduced in the 92+ both had 155 Ps, it was availible in the SiRs, but the SiRII was both manual and auto.

And I am quoting Honda.

Hmm that's realy sorry for me to hear(about the tranny). You sure there aren't any differences between USDM and EDM (what i'm driving)? (not questioning your wishdom, i have very litlle hope that i want disclosure)

E solsi, good point though i can't edit the topic title.

The B16A from the XSi wasn't offered in the states. I would guess that theres no difference in the JDM and EDM versions.

Well i cancelled the whole deal. Thank you all for helping me out! If it werent for you guys i would have lost a lot of money. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
I'd be willing to bet that is a B16A out of an Integra XSi; that would explain the YS1 tranny. But that means that its not an SiRII because that motor is OBD0. You could always send the seller an email and ask what the code on the ECU is...if its a PR3 its going to be the B16A out of the XSi, if its P30 its a B16A SiRII.
definitely a xsi. ys1 pretty much means xsi. but the xsi is obd1, offered in the 92-93 integras. and the xsi's did have the big vtec on the valve cover too.

Back