Help me out of this mess

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alex_b17a1

I got a code (one flash) now if I am wrong go ahead and correct me but my code is o2 sensor. I just put a b16 in my 95 civic cx and I can not get rid of this code. I have it wired up and I have tried wiring it up a few different ways that people have told me before and still nothing. The o2 sensor its self is brand new. The weird thing is that when I clear the code by pulling the fuse or neg. bat. cable and then hook it back up, if I check the code immediatly the code is still there even before starting the car for the first time. I dont know where my problem lies but lots of input might help. Thanks guys and sorry for being long. And yes I have searched this many times

When you say the CEL is still there before you start the car, you mean it comes on when you turn the key to asscessory, and stays on when you start the car? Are you doing this with the check connector jumped? If so, I think it keeps the code, you have to remove the jumper, reset ECU, and then start it.

Back