Help me out :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IceBolt

Hi everyone,

I really need pictures of automotive sensors and was wondering if anyone had some lying around or knew where I could get pictures of some. More particularly, I need a picture of these:

1. Thermostat sensor for monitoring the temperature of the automotive engine
2. An airbag sensor that detects when your airbag doesn't work
3. The sensor the senses the pressure on the accelerator and braking
4. The sensor the senses slipping in vehicle tires.
5. The sensor that detects when your driver-side door is open.

Can anyone help me out? I will be really appreciative! :worthy:

Quoted post[/post]]
Hi everyone,

I really need pictures of automotive sensors and was wondering if anyone had some lying around or knew where I could get pictures of some. More particularly, I need a picture of these:

1. Thermostat sensor for monitoring the temperature of the automotive engine
2. An airbag sensor that detects when your airbag doesn't work
3. The sensor the senses the pressure on the accelerator and braking
4. The sensor the senses slipping in vehicle tires.
5. The sensor that detects when your driver-side door is open.

Can anyone help me out? I will be really appreciative! :worthy:

1. On top of your air intake manifold. It bolts in, with 1 maybe 2 wires coming from it. It's usually colored Green.
2. Vacuum switch and handled by the airbag computer mostly. The vacuum switch is internal and not a seperate unit.
3. There is no sensor that does this. On the top of the brake pedal you'll see the pin switch for the brakes, and the gas is monitored only by the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) which is a round, black (usually with a metal cap) to the side of your Throttle Body. It always has multiple screws on the outside, and is mostly adjustable.
4. This is done through the ABS computer, and vacuum. Again, all sensors are internal.
5. like Turbo said, that's mounted on the door jamb itself.

EDIT: Well, in all fairness, cars have multiple thermosensors for coolant. Your intake manifold (on a modern, emissions controlled car) will have coolant that flows through the air intake manifold to warm the air. This is a common place to read this temperature because that's where it matters. There are also thermosensors on the radiator, at the bottom that are used primarily during cold idle. But for it to be a "sensor" it not only reads the condition, but triggers something else to happen. These "sensors" don't trigger anything to happen except to tell the ECU to down the fuel. The actual flow of coolant is controlled through the Thermostat which is a mechanical device.

Actually #4 is a speed sensor. You would look at you wheel ends for a little magnetic sensor on an exciter ring. Location and quantity depend on make and model. "Wheel speed sensor".

Back