help me please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

ok i finally got my check engine off it was a code 14 got it fixed i didn't move the wire over on the ecu but here is my last problem...i hope there is a sound coming from my engine and i can't tell what it is it is not pinging and not banging it sounds like something is rubbing somewhere but i can't find anything rubbing like the alt or the ac i am not sure what it is if you don't know my story here is my deal i had a busted rod and i replaced all of them, so i am not sure if it is a cam but i took the valve cover off and nothing looks bad to me and i don't see anything broken in there. i was told it was my ac so i took the belt off and i am still getting the sound please help me i want to get the civic on the road just for a test run please help me out tell me where to look and what to look at thanks guys

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Oct 22 2004, 03:55 PM
ok i finally got my check engine off it was a code 14 got it fixed i didn't move the wire over on the ecu but here is my last problem...i hope there is a sound coming from my engine and i can't tell what it is it is not pinging and not banging it sounds like something is rubbing somewhere but i can't find anything rubbing like the alt or the ac i am not sure what it is if you don't know my story here is my deal i had a busted rod and i replaced all of them, so i am not sure if it is a cam but i took the valve cover off and nothing looks bad to me and i don't see anything broken in there. i was told it was my ac so i took the belt off and i am still getting the sound please help me i want to get the civic on the road just for a test run please help me out tell me where to look and what to look at thanks guys
[post=406244]Quoted post[/post]​

it's probably your timing belt rubbing on one of the plastic covers, I had that problem on one of my old motors. Just loosend up the covers a little and see if it stops making a rubbing noise.

thanks man that is what i was thinking if i get it to work out today i will let you guys know thanks

Back