help my car is super slow and has no acceleration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

buggaboo99355

does anyone have a 1992 auto accord? how does it drive?

my car feels like it has no power at all. i know autos dont distribute power good, but this is horrible.

the timing is set perfectly. but when the car warms up and i step on the gas...nothing...3-5 seconds later it starts to move. it has very good speed when it starts moving and easy to accelerate when rolling.

what do you think could be the reason for my loss in power i am running out of ideas. i cleaned injectors, reset the timing perfectly, the motor has very good compression, changed timing belt with water pump, put new plugs and grounded the engine.

should i look into a venom chip, msd ignition, or one of those cheap 1.00 resistors on EBAY???

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

AND ALL OF THE FLUIDS ARE AT THE RECOMENDED LEVELS

Accords aren't rockets, but you should have good power right off the bat. Any codes, or a check engine light? How many miles?

It could be anything. O2 sensor, TPS, fuel pressure, ?????

If its an AT then if you stomp it you should feel power... period... it might be something with your tranny. Try replacing the fluid (didn't bother reading again) if you haven't, or possibly some upgraded tranny fluid like trickshift.

i have no codes or check engine light on. it does have 162000 miles though :mad:

i am considering the idea of changing trans fluid is this going to be hard and can someone give me some steps

thanks for being helpful keep the ideas coming

also i noticed the engine reving to a little over 3500rmp in first and second gear under normal acceleration and sometimes the engine struggles and then it jumps out of nowhere with a good amount of power.

do you think it could be my torque converter and if it is does anyone know where i can get one really cheap for a f22 engine

how do i check/regulate the fuel presure

most import shops will have both fuel regulators/adapters and guages...if you get an adapter for your fuel regulator, you will have to cut into your current one. its not a difficult procedure...even i did it, and i cant hammer up dry wall.

Quoted post[/post]]
does anyone have a 1992 auto accord? how does it drive?

my car feels like it has no power at all. i know autos dont distribute power good, but this is horrible.

the timing is set perfectly. but when the car warms up and i step on the gas...nothing...3-5 seconds later it starts to move. it has very good speed when it starts moving and easy to accelerate when rolling.

what do you think could be the reason for my loss in power i am running out of ideas. i cleaned injectors, reset the timing perfectly, the motor has very good compression, changed timing belt with water pump, put new plugs and grounded the engine.

should i look into a venom chip, msd ignition, or one of those cheap 1.00 resistors on EBAY???

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

AND ALL OF THE FLUIDS ARE AT THE RECOMENDED LEVELS

The emergency brake on? :laugh: How does the car roll on its own? What does the rev counter do when you mash the gas pedal from a start (in Drive)? How does the engine respond if you hit give it lots of gas at idle? Do revs climb quickly? Have you checked for excessive slack in the throttle cable? Just giving ya some ideas...

Could be a lot of things...fuel pump, tranny, throttle cable, have you gone to get it tuned?? Maybe you don't have the $$ but if I were you I'd sell it, and get a 92 Accord 5 speed I have one and they are really great automobiles. Good luck!

it is starting to work a little better i put another bottle of injector cleaner and noticed a slight jump in performance after driving for about 15 to 20 mins.

the reason i dont want to sell it is because it is my first car and i want to hold on to it as long as i can while it is still running.

when a car is taken to be tuned what do they do and about how much does it cost. is it possible to do it myself.

what are some ways i can get more power out of the engine without going into forced induction??

Quoted post[/post]]
most import shops will have both fuel regulators/adapters and guages...if you get an adapter for your fuel regulator, you will have to cut into your current one. its not a difficult procedure...even i did it, and i cant hammer up dry wall.

Yeah, no shit, because I've never heard of using a hammer for drywall :) I always use a drill and drywall screws.

Quoted post[/post]]
it is starting to work a little better i put another bottle of injector cleaner and noticed a slight jump in performance after driving for about 15 to 20 mins.

the reason i dont want to sell it is because it is my first car and i want to hold on to it as long as i can while it is still running.

when a car is taken to be tuned what do they do and about how much does it cost. is it possible to do it myself.

what are some ways i can get more power out of the engine without going into forced induction??

STRONG ADVICE: Go get yourself a bottle of STP Water Remover, or something else that says it removes water from gasoline. I did, and my problem evaporated along with the water I didn't know was in my gas. For three dollars, it's worth a try.

Check your alternator output voltage.

If its not putting out enough voltage to the battery it will put a damper on your ignition system because the alternator can't keep the battery fully charged. With 169K on it its about time for a new one.

My civic did this for a few weeks before the alternator finnaly died and left me stranded.

Regards
Chet.

Back