help my tranny!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thaburninator

I have a b16 tranny in my car and the pass. side axle pops out on it own. It popped out under aggressive driving.. non aggressive driving.. and baby driving.

The axle was recently removed from a car with a busted Diff. do you think the busted diff coul dhave damaged the axle? I suppose I could take a good look at it. Was wondering if the Diff. on the current transmission may be bad.

Any help is appreciated, I havent found anyone with the same problem, only had the tranny for 3 days now, just got a swap done.

Actually, my axle did the same thing. For awhile. People said it was the Autozone axle I was using.I swapped them out once. Did the same thing, jst longer inbetween the intervals. I really don't know what made it stop.
What mounts do you have? I was told that excessive vibration from say not having all the mounts couple with the O ring that snaps into the tranny being stretched from being pulled out too many times allows the axle to pop out.

It happened the first time when I put a new clutch in. I was at my dad's an hour away from my house. Started popping out every fifteen minutes. Became a long drive home.

So I say get Honda axles and see if that works. Let me know incase it starts happening again.

Yay the guy i bought the swap from replaced the axle free of cost, it hasn't done it since and I don't think it will again!

Thanks for your reply.

Back