help needed 92 gs w/b16 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

exposedkarma

i bought a 92 integra with a b16 swap... and the guy who put it in didnt change out the ecu so the vtecs not running, a guy told me you can run the vtec on a toggle switch until i can get a new ecu.. true? and my tranny is geared so low i run 3800 rpm at 65mph in 5th gear. is there a changeable final drive in b-series trannys?? any body has any legit answers you can email me exposedkarma@hotmail.com. they go strait to my phone. thanks guys and ima start using this forums

Just get a Vtec ECU running a toggle switch is just asking for problems, a p28 ecu is like 50 bux on Ebay, and about the tranny put a ls 5th gear in it, I have done it and worked flawlessly.

Why waste any time and money with the toggle switch? It's just a temporary fix, and it's only a half-assed fix. Just because you can activate your VTEC with a switch doesn't mean that the motor is running to the full potential that it would with the appropriate ECU.

And as for the tranny, are you concerned about gas mileage, or what? The B16 is meant to be revved. You're not going to hurt it or get horrible mileage with the original gearing. If you want though, you can swap out the fifth gear for one from an RS/LS/GS Integra transmission...

switches burn vtec up i tried it 10 yrs ago i have p28 in our da with same motor you need to pin ecu for vtec to get it running

Back