help on valve work needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicsi94

i have run across a deal for some skunk2 valves and debating on to get them or not. i will port and polish the head but is it worth going overbore to get overbore valves? i am getting them new for around 200. should i get them and its no big or should i get overbore? i plan to hit 350whp with the t3/t4 50trim .48 when its on my built motor. what do u all think on this? thanks all comments are greatly appreciated

I've heard the skunk2 valves suck, that coming from people who actually build motors, saying they mushroom and what not. I'd go with ferrea, but that's just me. How big are you oversizing? Just keep in mind as you go with a larger x-sectional flow area, your flow velocity decreases, decreasing the kinetic energy of the incoming charge. But you are going turbo, so I would say go with the oversized valves. If you were staying NA, I'd say stick with stock valve size, as oversized valves can kill your bottom end.

Back