Help Please: Front Camber Kit 94 ?s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

d333b

Hi All,

I really could use with a little know how at the moment. My 94 EX just finished off one of its ball-joints, and the women is HEATED! Mostly cause now she has to drive my stinky truck now until I fix my car for her to drive...

Anyways to my question, I was planning on changing the upper CA, tie rod ends, and adding a camber kit as well as the lower ball joints. I am ordering everything off of RockAuto so I was looking at this kit. (This is the Amazon page but its the same part number as RockAuto) I have to place this order in the AM so if someone could tell me if this "kit" comes with 2 adjusters do I then need 2 "kits" so as that I have 2 adjusters per CA? I found some DIY's that show 2 adjusters per CA for other products but I really would like to keep my orders through RockAuto alone.

Thanks in advance

You need a total of 4 single adjusters, I can't tell if the kit comes with 2 or 4. These replace the upper control arm mounting pivots. Kinda hard to adjust when aligning the vehicle. I prefer control arms with heim joints or are adjustable at ball joint end. (easier to adjust on the alignment rack) That is your mechanics problem though

ie Skunk2 Pro Series Front Camber Kit 88-91 Civic/CRX & 90-93 Integra
expensive but I am sure someone makes a cheaper version

Thanks CharlotteS14! My "mechanic" owes me a favor or too so he can deal with the adjuster. Oh and here is something that is cheaper than what you listed for others. Thanks Again Charlotte.

I am an auto tech. And I am telling you to get the control arms. DO NOT get those adjustable bushing replacments. The simple point of the matter is it takes less time and it is more accurate with the control arms. The optimum word being ACCURATE. The faster and more reliable the adjustment is, the cheaper and easier it will be for the life of the car.

There are also other companys to go with besides skunk2. While good, there are others.

Buddy Club P1 Racing Front Camber Kit 92-95 Civic / 94-01 Integra | Password JDM is a good kit also. I like the reinforcment the middle section of the of the slider makes. It is able to with stand more force then ones that lack the full connection top.

95dc4iwanttoboost,

I think I am going to go with a control arm, just called RockAuto and I would need to get two kits to accomplish what I'm going for. With the added cost for new control arms with ball joints it comes to a grand total of about $220 or the price of one of those kits. Now the kit that you listed is for Integras an Civics and I checked under the Accord section but nothing is listed. Will that part work on my Accord. I am assuming no but you know how manufacturers can get lazy and just use the same parts across similar platforms. If not could some please help in providing something similar and or tell me if JDMHub.com is worth ordering from?

The only reason I like the skunk2 design because you can adjust them from the bottom. That is where you want to be adjusting them from when you have the car on the alignment rack. But once again this is comming from a tech who get paid on flat rate. Time=Money. I agree with wantoboost accuracy is important too. I missed that point

I like to do a raised front alignment. Lock the steering wheel, raise the front up, adjust with the weight of the car off of the slip joint. That way, its only supporting the wheel and not the car. and you can get a better snug down on the bolts without it slipping as bad and possibly shifting.

Thanks guys, I'll keep looking for those arms. I may just get the replacement arm with ball joints as I think its the left upper that's popping and have my buddy do a check to see exactly how off it is. I don't mind dropping the dough, but it does mean for me a renewed commitment on how long I plan on keeping the car. What do you guys think about trying to shim it if its not out too bad? Really all I'd like is to eliminate its pull and try to preserve the tires I'm going to throw on it.

If you dont want to spend a bunch of money, and you plan on getting rid of it, The ball joints wouldnt be bad. What is the car used for? If your not looking for added performance, then the ball joints are perfect for a quicky adjustment and reliability. They take time to work on, but if your not looking for driving performance upgrade, then they will work.

So your saying the these ball joints? I have considered it but from everything that I have read it says that pressing on the OEM CA is a bad idea. Charlotte thanks for the tidbit on shimming. I will be have a shop (my buddy's shop press has been broke for quite sometime) press in my lower BJs so if it is kosher I will do the uppers too. As for performance I'm not too worried, my GF drives it right now and I only use it when its snowing as my bike doesn't do too well in snow (Which is the performance I enjoy). I like the car and trust Honda cars so it will be around until it requires major repair, I just like to spend my money on the bike and not the 4-wheeler's. Thanks again guys.

Back