1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please! Gsr Swap, Problem With Pedal Assmply Install!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by EJ2 civic, Jun 17, 2008.

1. EJ2 civic

EJ2 civic New Member

Help Please! GSR Swap, Problem With Pedal Assembly Install!

Hey guys, I ran into a ridiculous problem that no one in hondaswap seem to have, so I thought I would post to take advantage of you're knowledge. So I am in the middle of a B18C (GSR) full swap into my 93 civic coupe. This is also a auto-manual conversion. The problem is that, when I bolt the new brake and gas pedals on (pedals from a 5 speed car), it rubs against the steering column, therefore the brakes would cease to function. I have tried both the 5 speed GSR integra pedal assembly and the 5 speed civic EG pedals, but both seem to not work.

What are my options here guys!?? I have read somewhere else that you are suppose to unbolt the steering column first and then install the pedals, but does this make a difference? Also, would it be a problem if I just used my stock auto brake and throttle pedals and add a clutch pedal. I know the auto brake pedal is a lot wider, but if it works, then it is better than nothing. Please give me your thoughts, as well as other solutions to my problem!! Thanks in advance! ^_^

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  2. bmorei9s06

bmorei9s06 New Member

yea ive heard u can use the auto brake pedal but jus to cut it down so its not as wide..

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

:werd:

You can do it, but things will get crowded down there...

4. EJ2 civic

EJ2 civic New Member

Okay guys, I have it figured out in case they're others that are having this problem. Essentially, when doing this auto-manual conversion, you need 94' 5-speed honda civic specific pedals. With the other EG year pedal sets, they by-pass the steering column by being slanted to the right; this is the major problem as the stock auto brake pedal by-passes it to the left. This is why the 94' 5-speed civic pedal assemblies are essential as they are slanted to the left, thus not rubbing the steering column.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted