help please? my crx and i are having communication problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b20crx

ok, this is kind of a dumb question, but how the hell do you get the carpet out of a crx? i pulled both seats out and all the moulding and it's pretty much ready to go. but now it's got this little pedal looking thing on the kick panel on the drivers side. i tried pulling on it in hopes that it would just pop out but it almost seems like there is a panel there. any help?

That's the foot rest. It's not easy to get up - check the right side of the plastic for the mounting screws, or clear out the gunk and look on the footpad part. (Depending on what year you have)

If you NEED the carpet up, you can tear it out.

hmm... it's real weird. it looks like something just stuck to the carpet like a decoration or place to rest your foot or something but it feels like its held on by metal or something when you pull on it. i just dont want to break anything. i'm trying to salvage the carpet. i towed it home with the door detached and it rained the whole way here. so im going to try and shampoo it to get it clean. i just cant get the carpet out!!

there were some black plastic headed 'nuts' that had to be pulled off some were up behind the dash crap and we ended up just breaking those off with a screw driver. no damage to carpet. :shrug2: good luck?

gotcha... so pretty much rip on it til it comes out. looks like my only choice at this point. i guess you cant see that part of the carpet anyways. thanks guys.

Back