HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jordan

i got my engine and now i have to hook up my old wiring harness to the engine. how do i do that? i dont have plugs for all the sensors i have to switch the injectors to obd1. so what do i do about the rest of the sensors with no plugs?

i have a 94 civic dx old engine is still in the car all i have to do is unbolt it and pull it out but i am gonna do that the same time i am dropping in the new engine(b18a1). i have the new engine(b18a1) sitting on the front porch about to get an engine stand but i would like to get all the wiring hooked up so when i get my transmission all ihave to do is drop it in hook up axles shift linkage and wires and radiator hoses and all the other small stuff. so basicly i want to have the engine on the engine stand with everything done to it ready to be droped in.

as long as the GSR is a obd 1 all the plugs will match up exactly and you will just have to run a couple of extra wires to the ecu for the v-tec to engage. the wires for the O2 sensor will most likely have to be made longer due to a change in position. IF THE GSR CAME WITH A WIRING HARNESS(which it sounds like it didn't) then the v-tec should be half way ran.

Darin

it is an ls non-vtec. and it is obd0 i know i have to swap out the injectors and stuff but there are some plugs on the back of the block that my wiring harnees doesnt have connecters for. so can i just bypass those and the engine run?

mustangs are over rated, heavy, overpriced, and piss slow for the dollar. The gas milage is about half a honda's when they have a bigger tank.

Darin

Originally posted by darwins_vtech@Sep 27 2003, 03:48 PM
as long as the GSR is a obd 1 all the plugs will match up exactly and you will just have to run a couple of extra wires to the ecu for the v-tec to engage. the wires for the O2 sensor will most likely have to be made longer due to a change in position. IF THE GSR CAME WITH A WIRING HARNESS(which it sounds like it didn't) then the v-tec should be half way ran.

Darin

Disregard that post ^.

I think I'm still missing what you're saying. You want to get all the wiring "ready" for your new engine when you go to put it in?

And :ban: horsedangler.

Back