help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slorg

hi everyone y have a problem with my civic vx 94 since y bought it my car is very slow from 1000 rpm till 5000rpm thats when vtec kicks in when y run my car the redline is till 7000 rpms but when y rev my engine in neutral gear it will only go up to 5000 rpms and when y run it it will go up to 7000rpms when i noticed that problem what i did is y switched to an ex p28 ecu and installed an intake manifold from a civic ex when y runed my car with the ex intake manifold and the p28 ecu it was a little more faster and it redlines to 7200rpms but my car is still slower from 1000rpms till 5000 until vtec kicks in and it still has the same problem that when i have it in neutral gear it will only rev to 6200 rpms and it puffs black smoke plese help :eek:

ignore that last post a stupid mustang boy thought it would be funny to leave a post under my name,sorry

Originally posted by slorg@Oct 3 2003, 12:03 AM
hi everyone y have a problem with my civic vx 94 since y bought it my car is very slow from 1000 rpm till 5000rpm thats when vtec kicks in when y run my car the redline is till 7000 rpms but when y rev my engine in neutral gear it will only go up to 5000 rpms and when y run it it will go up to 7000rpms when i noticed that problem what i did is y switched to an ex p28 ecu and installed an intake manifold from a civic ex when y runed my car with the ex intake manifold and the p28 ecu it was a little more faster and it redlines to 7200rpms but my car is still slower from 1000rpms till 5000 until vtec kicks in and it still has the same problem that when i have it in neutral gear it will only rev to 6200 rpms and it puffs black smoke plese help :eek:

since I read typonese...

hi everyone, i have a problem with my 94 civic vx since I bought it my car is very slow from 1000 rpm till 5000rpm thats when vtec kicks in. when i run my car the redline is till 7000 rpms but when i rev my engine in neutral gear it will only go up to 5000 rpms. when i noticed that problem what i did is i switched to an ex p28 ecu and installed an intake manifold from a civic ex when i ran my car with the ex intake manifold and the p28 ecu it was a little faster and it redlines to 7200rpms but my car is still slow from 1000rpms till 5000 until vtec kicks in. it still has the same problem that when i have it in neutral gear it will rev higher but only to 6200 rpms and it puffs black smoke please help

..good god man....learn the english language aleast a LITTLE better.

when your in neutral and not above a certain vehicle speed.. your rpms are limited...unless your ecu is chipped or custom programmed to remove that safety feature....did I mention *SAFETY* feature? :blink:

and your car is going to be slow until vtec kicks in. if you want it to be faster get a more aggresive vtec cam in it that way you will have more power through out your rpm range and even faster in vtec.

This guy can't be fucking serious....

The D15Z in your VX isn't supposed to be powerful, let alone revved past 6-6.5 K. It's about the weakest D-series motor ever and it's designed for FUEL ECONOMY, not power. If you are running a P28, all you are doing it wasting more fuel due to the richer fuel maps. The maps on the P28 are for SOHC VTEC, not VTEC-E. Do us all a favor and stop making retarded posts. Try a motor swap, buddy. It will get you a lot farther than trying to rice out your VX motor and just may result in a dignified response from HS members.

ok thanks for all the posts my english is not good and i never had a honda with a stupid non powerful engin my last 2 hondas where si,s and i dint know that the vx engine was so weak well next week il swap in my ex engine and im keeping my civic vx tranny :spin:

Back