HELP! Smoke!! Yikes!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Magik

Ok...so I'm driving to work today and...I go to flick my heater on...10 seconds later..."sniff, sniff, what that smell"?....SMOKE starting to coming out from under my dash!!!

WTF!! Shut off the heater immediately and it stopped but...geezuz...now I have no heater? HELP!!!

Jason

Well if smoke came out from out of the dash it sounds like and electrial problem with you blower motor. Does the fan sound funny? I don't think it is crack in your heater core cause then it would smell like coolent and be all wet and hot. Some times leave and shit get stuck in the vents and fuck up the blower motor. Test and see if it does this at all fan speeds. If your getting a wineing noise from the fan you need a new one. They are not the most fun to replace

P.S. If you find out it is you blower motor and want to still get some heat. Swithch the air feed to out side air and put your temp on hot. The motion air comeing in from the out side will go over the heater core and bring you some heat but with a lot less force then the fan provides.

The blower doesn't work at all...
I always have it set on hot and air from the outside...
Is this a difficult/expensive fix?

Jason

Shouldn't be that expensive you could get one from a junk yard. It is just kind of a pain. You will be under the dash for a while. Trying to get the old one out. It is just burried. I would suggest geting a manual to help you out. Also Make sure it is not just your fan Switch. Good LUck

Back