Help Starter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hi, i was wondering if a 99-00 SI starter would work in my 92-95 dx hb, i am putting a b16a in it, i've searched but can't find anything to see if it would work, as in the wiring, obd2, obd1, obd0 etc

im converting obd0 to obd1, but then the starter would be obd2 but will that still like plug in no modifications?
thanx in advance.

Originally posted by vroomvroomHB@Dec 16 2003, 05:45 PM
Hi, i was wondering if a 99-00 SI starter would work in my 92-95 dx hb, i am putting a b16a in it, i've searched but can't find anything to see if it would work, as in the wiring, obd2, obd1, obd0 etc

im converting obd0 to obd1, but then the starter would be obd2 but will that still like plug in no modifications?
thanx in advance.

The wiring for most honda starters is pretty much the same... You have the main power cable coming from your battery, and that hooks up to the 14mm post on the starter. The other wire is the lead for the solonoid. That should be a simple spade connection. The only thing you have to worry about is the actual fitment... The starter should bolt up just fine because although the engine and trans. went through some changes over the years, the case for the trans. remains the same... so in theory a starter out of a 00 civic si will work on an 88-91 SiR B16a.

Back