help tire choice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22bubbleback

right now i have kumho ecsta's..and im gettin absolutly no traction what so ever.its killin me.and the cold weather doesnt help....im not sure wut tires to get so throw we sum suggestions :D

what are you looking for ???
an all season tire???
a winter tire???
where are you located???
do you have a lot of snow there???
will you be changing back to sumer tires after winter is over???

need a little more info to give a good response

wrong forum

:moved:

Kuhmo Ecsta's suck big time. I made the mistake of using them once. Can you say "roll under"? Or "excessive tire wear"?

If you're looking for all-weather high performance, check out the Bridgestone Potenza RE950's, or the Yokohama AVS dB S2's. About the same price range, and both have worked great for me. Had the RE950's on my Accord, and I'm using the Yokohama's on my Subie. I've yet to come to a complete decision on them, but so far they're great.

Man all these people say that Kumho's suck.

I've had a set of 195/50/15's on my rims for 3 years
haven't had a problem with them they have a stiff as a mother side wall.
never had a problem with roll under or excessive tire wear as I said I've been using them for three years, althoough they aren't really an all season tire.

I've heard great stuff about the
Bridgestone Potenza S-03
and the Yokohama AVS ES100

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Dec 18 2003, 02:09 PM
Man all these people say that Kumho's suck.

I've had a set of 195/50/15's on my rims for 3 years
haven't had a problem with them they have a stiff as a mother side wall.
never had a problem with roll under or excessive tire wear as I said I've been using them for three years, althoough they aren't really an all season tire.

I've heard great stuff about the
Bridgestone Potenza S-03
and the Yokohama AVS ES100

The S-03's and AVS ES100's are summer tires.

Dennis, were you running the Ecsta Supra's, or a different Kuhmo? I have no beef with any Kuhmo tire except the Ecsta Supra.

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Dec 18 2003, 03:51 PM
my fault...all season

i HIGHLY recomend the Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Asymmetrical
great in the snow
great in the rain
very good in the dry

i run these on my daily driver (MX3) and have no complaints what so ever

http://www.coopertire.com/us/en/passengerSegment.asp

I am using the:

http://www.coopertire.com/us/en/ProductDet...assenger&id=218

on my car now...winter tire...we've gotten over 3.5 feet of snow in the last week and a half and these things rock! i've been passing 4x4's that are stuck in the snow...no problems what so ever.

If you get any amount of snow or ice though, where you are...I recommend winter tires on a separate set of rims (steelies) that you can take off in the spring and put your good rims and tires back on...saves your rims and it will give you time to shop for a new set of summer/all-season tires.

Hope that helps :)

Jason

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Dec 18 2003, 06:17 PM

The S-03's and AVS ES100's are summer tires.

Dennis, were you running the Ecsta Supra's, or a different Kuhmo? I have no beef with any Kuhmo tire except the Ecsta Supra.

I am using the 712 Ecsta Supra's
I also run them at 30-32psi they seem to work better closer to 30psi

I forgot the S-O3 and AVS ES100's are summer tires, because I have a seperate set of rim/tires for the winter.

we ran a set of DUNLOP sport 9000 on my moms ACCORD and ....wow thats a great tire if you want an all out performance tire for street use in dry weather get the sport 9000 this shit ran so well and grabbed soo good, we never got the car on to a skid pad but man the tires were awsome and lasted a long ass time.

What would y'all recommend for someone in Norcal (no snow, but a fair amount of rain)? I don't care about comfort or noise, but I want at least half-decent tread life.

Originally posted by preluderjs@Dec 19 2003, 04:54 AM
So Cal.... no snow, summer tires all year. :fuckyou2: :driver:

thanks for sharing

your post was VERY helpful and informative

:asshat:

Originally posted by bcman@Dec 19 2003, 05:24 AM
What would y'all recommend for someone in Norcal (no snow, but a fair amount of rain)? I don't care about comfort or noise, but I want at least half-decent tread life.

i would recomend starting your own thread

Back