help turbo b18c in a 00 civic si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

positiveforce63

hey guys, I have a 00 honda civic SI with a b18c & orng. b16 tranny i just blew up somehow, but its getting fixed, i want to run the best set up poss. everyone is telling me 2 differant things, tubro, then ppl are telling me to keep it N/A because thats best for my set up ? some help please guys!!??

really it depends on how much power you want to make, if your shooting for like 220hp you can achieve it without turbo but if you want like 300+ you will need a turbo, so figure out how much hp you want and then decide what mods you need

i know the vortech supercharger ups power to 277whp but that will be like 4 grand. your going to have to spend alittle more than 1500 because you will still need stickier tires and a new clutch and some other goodies.

you can make a decent turbo kit for 1.5k

Homemadeturbo.com

search first then ask, they are real dicks there.

they steer you in the wrong direction on purpose if you dont have legitimate non noob question.

whats a good turbo for my car?

or how much psi can my car handle?

if you need turbo parts i suggest getting them from spooledmotorsports.com get good quality parts (turbo mani, turbo , wastegate, bov, oil lines, injectors,) those things you should make sure you get good ones, then you can get cheaper stuff for parts like (exhaust, boost controller, downpipe, intercooler) - i would get this stuff off ebay for cheap

i have a list of the parts i need for a turbo for my b18teg and the final price is around 1200 when i pieced it all up.

you will also need tuning and probably someone to do the install, so that might put you close to 2k but then boost it to 10psi and let her rip

You can buy the pieces and then save a lil more to have it installed and tuned. You dont HAVE to have it right now ;)

thats awsome, the good thing is i already have the upgraded fuel pump in the car , and it also has a edelbroke intake manifold, I just want to do it right , and i have no one to tune it around here corning ny area?? 14830 zip

make a trip to pa and i can help you out. It will be a street tune but it will be damn close to perect.....

otherwise theres a ton of basemaps on either xenocron.com or pgmfi.org for a similar setup

I know crome pretty well so I would say go for that.....

Pocono area, 18301...

alright, im just piecing it together right now, i don't want to mess with the internalls of the motor, how much boost do u think i should run?

Prolly nice and low for awhile to make sure everything is good, then turn it up a lil if you want. Depending on the size of the turbo, 10psi should be plenty to make enough power to keep you happy :)

Back