Help us decide

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98redcavz24

Whats up guys,
I'm new to hondas and I don't know much about them but I had a few questions about my buddy's car. He has a 1992 civic hatch 1.5ltr non vtec. I think the model is CX? It has 70 horsepower or something :worthy: . Anyways, first I would like the code for that motor so I can look up parts and info on swaps. I would like to know what motors will fit pretty easily in that car. He wants to be faster than 70hp! I need to know what motors will fit in this car if any. He was looking at an integra ls/vtec swap or a newer SI swap, from a 99-up (again, motor code?). Again, forgive me.. I don't know too much when it comes to hondas but i'm talking about the SI's with 160 hp. Anyway, would this be difficult with his current ecu/wiring, mounts? Thanks in advance.

Here's codes and specs and years and stuff here. I'm not the best person to answer your questions, but here's a link that may help you help yourslef.

Motor Stuff

:werd:

To start you off, as a first swap, you should probably stick with a motor of the same OBD as your car- THe car is OBD 1 and you should look for motors that are the same for the sake of simplicty on a first swap

the B18C1 (Integra GSR)
B16A3 Del Sol vtec
B18B1 Integra l

are just a few motors that are OBD I and are reasily swapable into the car using stock honda parts

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Oct 26 2004, 11:31 PM
:werd:

To start you off, as a first swap, you should probably stick with a motor of the same OBD as your car- THe car is OBD 1 and you should look for motors that are the same for the sake of simplicty on a first swap

the B18C1 (Integra GSR)
B16A3 Del Sol vtec
B18B1 Integra l

are just a few motors that are OBD I and are reasily swapable into the car using stock honda parts
[post=407890]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok, by easily swapable, do you mean it would "drop right in" basiclly. I know a few wires are going to be added if we threw a B18C1 motor in there, but other than that would there be any problems with the mounts or fitting it? Thanks again.

yep i mean it would drop right in using a combination of mounts from the civic and donor car of the motor

and other than adding a few wires, these swaps are almost as straightfoward as it gets :)

gallery_5_1_1091111790.jpg

the CX is a d15b8. that's what I have/had. most guys on here won't suggest you do a mini me swap/conversion, but i have enjoyed mine greatly, and found it to have a lot of potential. obviously, as with any kind of engine work, it will cost you (or your friend) money. the b series motors have more potential for bigger numbers, but it depends on what your goals are. mine were around 200whp, so i chose to go the boosted d-series route.

it will feel a lot better than the 70 hp, trust me, i know

Back