1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with 1.5

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by *mello*, Sep 17, 2006.

1. *mello*

*mello* New Member

what can i do to hop up a d15b2 to make it some what respectable on a budget
  2. 95civicdxxx

95civicdxxx New Member

Intake, Headers, Exhaust .. in that order three simple things to make your D15 act different

if you're just looking for easy work, without doing any internal motor mods, on a budget here is a few things I can share:

4-2-1 stainless steel headers; ebay i found one for under $50
    N1 style stainless steel Cat-Back; ebay had one for under $150
    Hi Flow Catalytic Converter; under $20
    Nextgear Thermoshield or Hondata Intake Gasket; $50
    Short-ram Ari intake plus hi-flo filter; under $50

I'd say you can go budget on those parts and find them on E-bay, but my best suggestion is if you're ever going to do any suspension mods dont buy cheap camberkits or coil-overs/springs. stick to Skunk2 rear camber kit, and maybe skunk2 or Blox front camber kit(i liked it cause it was grey/silver)

I wanted to lower my car, and after some bad purchases on cheap coil-overs and cheap rear camber kit, and 2 complete alignment jobs, wasted time and money, I learned to buy quality suspension parts. I just bought Tein S.Tech lowering springs, these you can use on your OEM strut/shocks without too much wear, and real Skunk2 rear Camber adjustment kit, probably a smart move on my part.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
Draft saved Draft deleted