Help with CVC 27156 (B) modified emissions california

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BLACKMARKETOC

Hey i was pulled over last night and the dam cop asked to see under my hood. Then gave me a ticket for modified emissions. So i need to go to a cali state referee to get it checked and get a cert. Does anybody know how to get around this with out changing everything back to stock..im running a JDM B16A WITH TURBO..Is there somewhere to pay some one under the table for a cert...?? Like they do for smog.. Im in south cali near LA?? any help would be great.

Hey well im not running anything to serious..Just a stock 89 JDM B16A SIR engine with a Turbo, intercooler, vortech fmu, and no cat..straight pipe..and exhaust..That's about it..I don't really know what I would need to do for it to pass the ref. I would assume just a stock catalic converter. Do they charge you if you take it to the ref and it does not pass..?? Because the cop said that the pipe coming into the throttle body from the intercooler should have a carb sticker..and the manifold should also..Well do I find this person in so cal??? I did not build this car I just bought it 2 weeks ago. he had someone pass it for smog for a bit of money..lol..thanks for all your help..

Also I have herd if you sell the car and show proof to the judge they will dismiss the ticket. I was thinking I could just sign the car over to my girl friend and say I sold it to her. because they don't know if she's my gf..Does anyone know if this works..and then later on maybe 6 months or so down the road sign it back over to me...

pm hazw8st on H-T.. hes the man when it come to Ref'ing

what he does is convert the car to run on propane.. doing so, you never have to smog again.. just switch back when you're done

Well i was asking for help in this matter because the problem is i don't have lots of money to be spending as i just bought this car and don't want to sell it!! So buying a stock engine is out of the question! So what your saying is im shit out of luck if i have a turbo on the car that is not greddy or edlebrock??? So i would need to remove the turbo, put on new headers, intake, cat, and exhaust to pass???? can't do that because i don't hav ethe stock parts..and to buy them would be to much $$$..well i guess im screwed :( I HATE CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!!!!

state ref

As the picture shows below of the sticker they put on the back of the ticket. It says i must remove the car from the road. Do you think its ok to drive it since i have not been found gulty yet..Thanks
DSC00151.JPG

well where it says "must be removed from roadway immediately and may not be driven until in compliance" usually means not to drive it, if you do drive it, i'm sure you risk having it impounded but i'm not positive on that

So what about the selling the car method??? does the ticket follow the car or just the driver.. So if i sold it to some one else would they still need to take it to the ref??? So what happens if i do buy a D- series motor and put it in and take it to the ref and it passes. If i put the old engine back in the same thing is just going to happen again if i get pulled over right???

buy a stock exhaust manifold and cat/o2.. whatever you need... get the right ecu and intake manifold and go BAR the thing.. then slap the turbo back on after you pass

when you have to smog again, keep the stock parts just in case

well the ecu is the ecu that came with the B16A engine its just chipped to red line at 8,000. so you think i need a new ecu?? So if i get the BAR and i put the old parts on and get pulled over again the cops can't do shit or what?? What is BAR exactly?? thanks

If i move out of state, would that work. since most states do not have emissions laws?? or sell the car to someone out of state? thanks

Hey Bro, why you being so rude!! No i did not pay 10k i only paid $4,500 for it..I did not fuck up anything, The fucking cops fucked it up for me!!! Are you on the cops side!!! or what.. I was just asking ?'s to see what my options are on this ticket thing..I am taking it like a man, as its my car and im the one responsable for it!!! You act like im the only person with a honda with a motor swap with this problem. I just got cought..LOL..SO chill..Have a good one :)

I had a ticket before and i just had to pay the fine,if you dont want to deal with the CHP. state reff but if you get pulled over again the fines double,well aslong as you can afford the tickets.

Take your car to the referee, he will tell you exactly what your real options are. I doubt he will certify it unless everything you have is carb legal, passes smog, and likes b16 motors. The laws as to what engine swap you can do has been changed many many times. I beleive at this point a b16 might be allowed into a civic as long as the civic isn't newer than the motor, and the displacment isn't bigger than the vehicles original displacment. Even JDM is allowed now.

Go to the referee, show him what you got, and he will make you a list of things you have to do for a certification. I think the only other option you have is to move to a city/state without these regulations, or register the car to an address there.

Back